Each year, we award up to ten travel grants to a select group of applicants (2021 GKAS Leadership Institute cancelled to to COVID-19. We plan to continue the program in 2022) – called GKAS Ambassadors -to enable them to attend a three-day training session in St. Louis, where Give Kids A Smile began. Group discussions are complemented by the chance to see a well-developed program in action, and the ability to interact with volunteers, organizers, parents, and kids. These GKAS Ambassadors then go on to serve as regional resources for other GKAS programs in their communities.
The Give Kids A Smile Community Leadership Development Institute is sponsored by generous donations from Henry Schein, Inc.
How to become a GKAS Ambassador
We will share updates about the 2022 Institute and application process on this page in the upcoming months
To be eligible for the Give Kids A Smile Community Leadership Development Institute, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must represent an organization that provides oral health care for underserved children through a Give Kids A Smile event, including state (constituent) and local (component) dental societies of the ADA and/or community based organizations.
- Applicants must reside within the 50 U.S. states.
- Applicants should have experience managing/chairing an access to care event.
- Applicants should hold a position in their organization that will allow them to effectively implement lessons learned during the GKAS Institute.
- Applicants are not required to be a licensed dentist or hygienist.