Nicole Ritzert, Ph.D.
Nicole Ritzert, Ph.D.
Development of biosensor platforms
- Application of electroanalytical methods
- Fabrication of ultramicroelectrodes
- Modification of surfaces with specific chemical functionalities
Nicole Ritzert, Ph.D. Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Dr. Ritzert has over 10 years of experience in designing and executing measurements to characterize the electrochemical properties of proteins, organic molecules, and thin layer materials, focusing on charge transfer at electrode-electrolyte interfaces.
Cyclic voltammetry showing the response of
potential to changes in pH of a novel
pH-sensitive material absorbed on a carbon
Detection of local pH changes at a gold
electrode during nickel electrodeposition.
Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 2016;
She has expertise in electroanalytical chemistry methods (e.g., cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry), scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM), fabrication of electrochemical cells and microelectrodes, and electrode surface preparation and modification. She is applying her knowledge of electrochemistry to design and test oral biosensor platforms for real time screening and diagnosis of disease as well as fabricate microelectrodes for characterizing dental materials.
Selected Publications (See NIH Public Access Listing)
N. L. Ritzert and T. P. Moffat. Ultramicroelectrode Studies of Self-Terminated Nickel Electrodeposition and Nickel Hydroxide Formation upon Water Reduction. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 2016; 120(48), 27478–27489.
- N. L. Ritzert, W. Li, C. Tan, G. G. Rodriguez-Calero, J. Rodríguez-López, K. Hernandez-Burgos, S. Conte, J. J. Parks, D. C. Ralph, and H. D. Abruña. Single Layer Graphene as an Electrochemical Platform. Faraday Discussions. 2014; 172; 27-45. (Invited)
- M. E. Welch, N. L. Ritzert, H. Chen, N. L. Smith, M. E. Tague, Y. Xu, B. A. Baird, H. D. Abruña, and C.K. Ober. Generalized Platform for Antibody Detection using the Antibody Catalyzed Water Oxidation Pathway. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2014; 136(5), 1879–1883.
- N. L. Ritzert, J. Rodríguez-López, C. Tan, and H. D. Abruña. Kinetics of Interfacial Electron Transfer at Single–Layer Graphene Electrodes in Aqueous and Nonaqueous Solutions. Langmuir. 2013; 29(5), 1683–1694.
- N. L. Ritzert, S. S. Casella, and D. C. Zapien. Surface-Electrochemistry of Ferritin Adsorbed on 8-Mercaptooctanoic Acid-Modified Gold Electrodes. Electrochemistry Communications. 2009; 11(4), 827–830.