Diane Bienek, Ph.D.
Diane R. Bienek, Ph.D.
- Advancement of in vitro test methods to assess cytotoxic potential of dental materials
- Assessment of anti-bacterial functionality of novel Class V restoration material
- Advancement of novel biomimetic nanofiber scaffolds for in vivo construction of wound dressings
- Improve public oral care by advancing point-of-care technologies for mitigating and treating post-operative complications
RL-65 keratinocytes on novel
biometric blow-spun nanofiber scaffolds
JADA, June 2016
Risk assessment and sensitivity
meta-analysis of alveolar osteitis
occurrence in oral contraceptive users
Diane Bienek, Ph.D. Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Dr. Bienek has 15+ years of experience conducting clinical/translational research studies in infectious disease, cell biology, and immunodiagnostics. A primary focus of her work has been to establish applied research/product development studies designed to improve patient care at the point of care. She has conducted research on topics related to infectious diseases (e.g., tuberculosis, anthrax, and multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter) and applied theoretical principals in order to develop solutions with the potential to detect disease, treat infection, or verify immunization status.
Dr. Bienek also has extensive experience in analyzing eukaryotic cellular responses after exposure to host proteins, pathogens, or pharmaceutical agents. Her research efforts have also included the testing and evaluation of point-of-care technologies to assess safety, efficacy, and optimal use.
Selected Publications (See NIH Public Access Listing)
- D.R. Bienek and D. Skrtic. 2017. Utility of amorphous calcium phosphate-based scaffolds in dental/biomedical research. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry 7(1):1989-1994.
- D.R. Bienek, W. Tutak, and D. Skrtic. 2017. Bioactive polymeric materials for tissue repair. Journal of Functional Biomaterials 8(1):4.
- D.R. Bienek, K.M. Hoffman, and W. Tutak. 2016. Blow-spun chitosan/PEG/PLGA nanofibers as a novel tissue engineering scaffold with antibacterial properties. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 27(9):146.
- D.R. Bienek and J.J. Filliben. 2016. Risk assessment and sensitivity meta-analysis of alveolar osteitis occurrence in oral contraceptive users. Journal of the American Dental Association 147(6):394-404.
- Y. Hwang, K. Ramalingam, D. Bienek, V. Lee, T. You, et al. 2013. Antimicrobial activity of nanoemulsion in combination with cetylpyridinium chloride on multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 57(8): 3568-3575.