This Giving Tuesday, the ADA Foundation is running a grassroots awareness and fundraising campaign, asking our friends and family to support the ADA Foundation with a gift of any size to show that we are investing in better oral health for all. Together.
As part of the ADA Foundation family, we need your help to reach our goal of bringing on at least 100 donors on Giving Tuesday.
You can help the ADA Foundation by doing the following (see below for resources):
• Post on social media about the ADA Foundation on Giving Tuesday,
through your personal accounts and/or your practice accounts (if
• Send one e-mail to at least 20 friends, family members, and/or colleagues asking them to make a gift to the ADA Foundation on Giving Tuesday.
We have a lot of momentum coming out of the ADA Annual Meeting, thanks to your amazing energy and effort, and it’s the perfect time to build on that momentum by talking about the impact donors can make through their support.
Read the ADA Foundation 2016 Impact Report (PDF)
Giving Tuesday Fundraising Resource Toolkit
The following toolkit includes resources to make Giving Tuesday outreach quick and easy. We hope you will help us spread the word and bring on new supporters who are willing to invest in better oral health for all. Together, we can make a real difference on Giving Tuesday.
ADA Foundation Giving Tuesday graphics (See the ADAF's Giving Tuesday graphics here.)
ADA Foundation Facebook profile icon (180x180)
ADA Foundation graphic for Facebook (1200x630)
ADA Foundation graphic for Twitter (506x253)
ADA Foundation graphic for general web use (500x500)
ADA Foundation Volpe Research Center graphic for Facebook (1200x630)
ADA Foundation Volpe Research Center graphic for Twitter (506x253)
ADA Foundation Volpe Research Center graphic for general web use (500x500)
Sample E-mail (Fundraising)
On Monday, November 27, please send an e-mail to at least 20 friends, family members, and/or colleagues asking them to make a gift to the ADA Foundation on Giving Tuesday. Here is a sample e-mail you can cut and paste and/or customize.
Subject: My Personal Commitment
My work on behalf of the ADA Foundation is not just a professional outlet; it’s a personal commitment to investing in better oral health for all. I believe everyone deserves a pain-free, healthy smile and I am proud to say that our ADA Foundation team is working to make that a reality.
Expanding access to care
Hundreds of thousands of underserved kids each year – 5.5 million since 2003 – come to a Give Kids A Smile event with mouth pain and untreated dental conditions. Many of them have never owned a toothbrush. We not only provide immediate care, we help them find permanent dental homes. We are now starting even younger, focusing on bringing in more children under the age of five to set them on a path that leads to a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Driving game-changing research
We also have a team of researchers who are creating the science that will shape your experience in the dentist’s chair for years to come. This is critical, as the numbers show:
• 32% of adults aged 20-24 have untreated tooth decay or cavities.
• 15-20% of middle-aged adults have periodontal disease, which may result in tooth loss.
• Globally, about 30% of people aged 65-74 have no natural teeth.
ADA Foundation Volpe Research Center scientists are working on ways prevent and even reverse these conditions by understanding the complex factors that lead to them.
Advancing oral health
We work year-round, mobilizing thousands of dental professionals and organizational partners to realize our goal of better oral health for all.
This Giving Tuesday, November 28, I’m asking my friends and family to join us by making a donation – no gift is too big or too small! – to the ADA Foundation. I appreciate any help you can provide. To make a donation and to read more about our impact and plans, click here: http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
Thank you for your support.
Sample Facebook / LinkedIn / Instagram posts:
Add an ADA Foundation Giving Tuesday image to each of these posts. Post any time between November 20-28, with special attention to Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th. For Instagram, be sure to post the donation link in your bio and indicate that in your post.
• Hello, friends! Have you made a commitment for Giving Tuesday yet? I know you have many choices of worthy organizations to support. I believe so strongly in the work of the ADA Foundation that I’m asking that you consider one more. At the ADA Foundation, we invest in better oral health for all. We believe that all people—no matter their circumstances—should have access to the oral healthcare they need to have a healthy and pain-free smile. In the past 15 years, more than 5.5 million children have been cared for by more than half a million volunteers through our Give Kids A Smile program alone. And we know there are millions more children, adults, and seniors across the country and world who need our help. Your gift this Giving Tuesday will help us meet more of the need. http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
• Giving Tuesday is upon us and I love seeing all of the passion my friends, family, and colleagues have for the causes you support. I am happy to support many of your projects, and I hope you’ll consider lending a few dollars to one of mine. We have a goal of bringing on 100 donors for the ADA Foundation this Giving Tuesday. Will you consider making a gift, of any size, to help us meet our goal? We will use your contribution to advance oral health, expand access to care, and drive game-changing research. We invest in better oral health for all, and we hope you will join us. http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
Add an ADA Foundation Giving Tuesday image to each of these tweets. Post any time between November 20-28, with special attention to Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th.
• This #GivingTuesday, I’m investing in better oral health for all. Will you join me? #ADAFoundation http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
• This #GivingTuesday, advance oral health, expand access to care, & drive game-changing research with #ADAFoundation. http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
• In 2017, #ADAFoundation mobilized dental pros to provide 300K kids with free oral health services. Help us do more: http://bit.ly/2za3Znh
• Tooth decay affects 42% of kids aged 2-11. This #GivingTuesday, help us get kids the care they need http://bit.ly/2za3Znh #ADAFoundation
• Globally about 30% of people aged 65-74 have no natural teeth. We can do better. http://bit.ly/2za3Znh #ADAFoundation #GivingTuesday
• Your #GivingTuesday gift will accelerate our research into advancing the oral health of the public http://bit.ly/2za3Znh #ADAFoundation