Give Kids A Smile®
Celebrate Give Kids A Smile's 15th anniversary in 2017! Visit the promotional resources page for information.
Learn tips and tricks for how to help more underserved kids in your community through Give Kids A Smile. Explore the GKAS Program Planning Toolbox.
Give Kids A Smile would not be possible without support from our sponsors. Thank you! View our sponsors.
Find Dental Care
Find dental care for your child. Call 844.490.GKAS(4527) or find other resources.
Helping Children Through Give Kids A Smile®
Be a part of the GKAS movement!
Through the ADA Foundation's Give Kids A Smile program, launched nationally by the American Dental Association in 2003, more than 5.5 million underserved children have received free oral health services. These free services are provided by volunteers including approximately 10,000 dentists annually, along with 30,000 other dental team members. Read about the history of GKAS, or make a donation.
- The ADA Foundation and Scholastic are initiating an exciting pilot project that will test print and online oral health education and engagement materials distributed to the following facilities and healthcare practices in the selected markets of St. Louis, Chicago, and Brooklyn: physician, dentist, OB/GYN, and pediatrician practices; and early childhood facilities. The goal is to strengthen oral health education and literacy of parents and caregivers of children ages 0 (birth) to 5. This program began with a pre-survey that deployed on May 25. We will use the outcomes of this survey to develop print and electronic oral health education materials, which will be distributed this fall. If you have questions, please contact the ADA Foundation at email@example.com.
- The ADA Foundation is accepting applications through August 31, 2017 from established GKAS programs to host the 2018 GKAS National Kickoff Event. The selected host program must:
• Be a model event that can share best practices and proven tactics for the betterment of other GKAS programs.
• Host the national GKAS kickoff event on Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 (to coincide with National Children’s Dental Health Month)
• Collaborate with the ADA Foundation to plan and host a GKAS National Kickoff Reception on Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018 (the evening prior to GKAS Day).
• Openly discuss implementation plans of the GKAS event with the ADA Foundation and GKAS sponsors regularly leading up to the kickoff event.
The selected GKAS program will receive a grant of up to $15,000 to offset the cost of the reception and other related expenses. Apply here: 2018 GKAS National Kickoff Event Host Site Application.
Be sure to like Give Kids A Smile on Facebook to get information and stories about GKAS throughout the year.
GKAS couldn't exist without the generous support of our generous sponsors. Thank you for your continued support!
Read more about Give Kids A Smile:
best live chat